Date: April 27, 2017
Time: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Location: Events on Jackson
245 E Jackson St. Phoenix, AZ 85004
Phoenix ISSA is hosting a special training event you don’t want to miss!
Michael Bazzell – OSINT
During this special 1-day Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) event, Michael Bazzell will demonstrate several new investigation techniques that are vital to any Investigator’s arsenal of tools. This is a very full day of instruction intended on teaching a unique response to online investigation with unconventional free resources.
This training identifies and demonstrates numerous free online resources that can aid internet researchers in solving both technical and non-technical investigations. Participants will be shown how to “dig” into the internet for personal information about any target. While popular sites such as Twitter and Facebook are covered in detail (including techniques that legally access some “hidden” content), the presentation goes much deeper into the vast resources available online for researching personal information.
Among many other techniques, the attendees will learn how to:
Utilize a complete (and free) OSINT Virtual Machine
- Utilize a complete (and free) OSINT Virtual Machine
- You can (and should) download and install the Virtual Box or VMware VM here
- Identify social networks related to cellular telephone numbers
- Locate & obtain extended information from Facebook profiles
- Locate & obtain extended information from Twitter profiles
- Locate deleted content from Twitter accounts
- Access content believed to be hidden on social networks
- Break through common pitfalls with YouTube restrictions
- Conduct reverse-video searches to identify new content
***All attendees will have unlimited access to all resources and software used during the course!
Michael is a cybercrime expert and technical adviser for hit TV hacker drama “Mr. Robot”, author of many OSINT and online privacy books including, “Open Source Intelligence Techniques” and “Hiding from the Internet”, and publisher of The Complete Privacy & Security Podcast.
Many of Michael’s trainings are limited to law enforcement only, but Phoenix ISSA is proud to deliver Michael and his renowned content to the broader Phoenix infosec community.